22 ON SLOANE is the largest startup campus in Africa. The campus offers startups and SMEs a complete turnkey solution to scale, from the initial idea all the way to commercialization, funding opportunities and access to markets. Its aim is to nurture the entrepreneurial mindset, ensure their sustainability, and explore development of new industries and contribute towards job creation in Africa.
A global and diverse team of experienced entrepreneurs, mentors, scientists, managers, CEOs, and funders support entrepreneurs enrolled at the campus, with product development, services, and business models. The experts are active throughout the journey to build their companies and assist with market entry and financing through angel funders and venture capitals.
Each year during the Global Entrepreneurship Week, applications for residency are open to entrepreneurs across Africa. Over 1500 applications are expected per annum and from this, 300 – 500 successful candidates are selected to be part of the programme for 12 months with the option to renew their residency.
- Applicants must have registered business.
- The business entity should operate as a private entity, social enterprise or cooperative.
- Proposed business should be based on an identified market opportunity.
- South African residents are expected to be present at the campus at least 200 days in a year. Exception is given to other African countries who are only obliged to be physically at the residence for 14 days and 200 days virtually.
- Ability for the resident to pay R975 (USD75) per month. Resident companies with over five team members will receive a discounted fee.
- Finally, ability to smile and learn from not succeeding, but keen to TRY AGAIN.
*Residents can access the campus for 24hrs while non-residents can access the campus between 08h00 and 17h00*