Co-creation Hub (CcHub), Nigeria’s first social innovation center dedicated to accelerating the application of social capital and technology for economic prosperity, is organising an innovation challenge for Africans in the diaspora themed “Unleashing Africa’s Secret Weapon”. This challenge seeks to mobilise the Diaspora community to build scalable business solutions to social challenges in Africa.
CcHub is seeking business ideas that make an impact in these 3 critical sectors:
- Education: How might we harness the potential of technology to bridge the education gap and unlock the potential of the young people of Africa?
- FinTech: How might we connect the unserved & underserved population in Africa to affordable financial services using readily available technology?
- Energy: How might we use technology to effectively distribute clean and affordable energy to homes & industries across Africa?
CcHub’s commitment to the six finalists who commit to this challenge will include:
- Prototype Funding: $15,000 per idea to fund prototype development
- Business Advisory: Provide insight in support of strategic planning & execution
- Seed Investment: On the path for up to $250,000 seed investment from Growth Capital
Market Access & Network:Connect to strategic partners in African countries to support market entry processes
- Mentorship: Connect to mentors to provide honest & constructive feedback as well as industry guidance when necessary
Here’s a checklist to evaluate if your idea is suitable for the Diaspora Challenge
- Does your idea solve a clear problem/issue that affects a large number of people in Africa?
- Does the idea improve on an existing process/solution or is it completely new i.e. hasn’t been done locally?
- Does your solution leverage digital technology (web or mobile) for its execution?
- Have you taken time to research the problem/issue and have a clear picture of the target segment it affects?
- Do you have (or have access to) the skills to implement your proposed solution?
- Are you prepared to spend the next nine (9) months building the solution and going out to understand your potential uses?
Application for the Diaspora Challenge closes 30th of June, 2017
Visit the official CC-Hub Diaspora Challenge page for more details.