She Leads Africa is a social enterprise dedicated to supporting young African women and their journey towards professional success. The organisation has been featured on CNN, CNBC Africa, Black Enterprise and Fox Business and has more than 300,000 members across Africa and the diaspora.
The SLA Accelerator is a 3-month program designed to identify, support and fund the next generation of Nigeria’s brightest female entrepreneurs. The top entrepreneur will walk away with N 2 million from SLA. The others receive 3 months of intensive support and access to a vast network of mentors and investors. This year, the programme will take place in three locations: Lagos (Island and Mainland), Abuja and Kaduna.
Previous SLA entrepreneurs have been featured on Forbes and CNN and received brand endorsements after pitch day. In total they’ve gone on to raise $1 million, have been invested in by members of 500 startups and a lucky few even got to pitch to Aliko Dangote himself.
- The top entrepreneur will walk away with N 2 million from SLA
- The others receive 3 months of intensive support and access to a vast network of mentors and investors
- 3 months intensive training on business and operational skills
- Online and offline learning resources
- Exclusive access and mentorship from some of Nigeria’s leading business personalities
- Opportunity to pitch your business in front of local and international investors
- Features in local and international media
- Business with at least one woman aged 18-35 as a shareholder or owner
- Abuja: Retail/E-Commerce companies only
- Kaduna: Agribusiness companies only
- Lagos Island: Creatives companies only
- Lagos Mainland: Technology companies only
- Less than 3 years in operations
- Step 1: Put together a top-notch application package, ace the semi-final interviews and get selected by the SLA team.
- Step 2: Spend 1 week with the SLA team being trained in business skills and getting access to some of Africa’s top business minds.
- Step 3: Spend the next weeks implementing the lessons learned, meet with the other members of your cohort to learn together and watch the results roll in. You’ll have access to the SLA team for any help or guidance you may need.
- Step 4: Investor Dinner! Present your business to a room filled with investors and media. No joke: Previous SLA entrepreneurs have been featured on Forbes and CNN. They’ve gone on to raise almost $1mn. A lucky few even got to pitch to Aliko Dangote himself.
- Step 5: The top entrepreneur will walk away with cash money for their business. The others will have received 3 months of intensive support and may well hook a few investors in the process!
Application for the programme closes on June 25, 2016.
Go to the official SLA Accelerator page for more information.